With the infection being present, periodontal (gum) disease goes through several stages. The immune system is hardly ever known to have won the battle. As the disease progresses in severity, the periodontal treatment options become more complex, costly, and time-intensive. Periodontal disease is an ongoing infection in the pockets around your teeth.
Your immune system is losing the battle and, without treatment, it will get worse. It is important that at the first signs of gum disease symptoms you seek an experienced and professional periodontist possibly listed with India Dental Clinic.
Gum disease is known to be a silent disease. Periodontal infection is usually painless until it reaches an advanced stage. However, there are some symptoms that can indicate the presence of periodontal infection.
1. You notice bleeding when brushing or flossing
2. An attentive look show your gums red or swollen
3. You feel tender gums that some times are itchy and ache
4. A closer look show teeth to have become longer which is actually receding gums
5. Bad breath that does not go after use of a mouthwash
6. Sores in your mouth
7. Change in your bite
8. A touch gives you feel of loose teeth
9. An abscess or pus formation indicating infection
10. Increased spaces between teeth
11. A change in the fit of your partials
The foremost known cause of periodontal (gum) disease is bacterial plaque, a highly adhesive, clear film that is constantly forming on your teeth. The following causes have also been attributed to gingivitis and the more advanced forms of periodontitis:
The early stages of gingivitis can be reversed with non-surgical treatment as may be recommended by your periodontist, besides prescribing certain medicines and the mouth rinses.